LucidTalk offer the latest Added Value Polling services, now used by many Public and Private sector organisations worldwide. These innovative polling methods and tools provide not only provide powerful, quality, and detailed market research, but also combine this, if applicable, with market and sales generation, promotion of market awareness, and general market promotion and publicity.
This provides the ability to carry out dynamic polling of a particular targeted group (could be an already set-up Focus group – see section on Focus Groups). This involves ongoing and regular polling over a period of time, whilst the group is ‘active’, and therefore can ascertain trends, and changing trends and opinions, over a period of time, and covering a wide range of issues.
These target Micro-Groups could be set-up as an output from a Direct Polling project, and could represent a particular group, or be representative of a specific opinion related to the clients business.
Specific target groups or opinion panels already set-up, and therefore can be monitored and polled on an ongoing and regular basis, include:
- Northern Ireland (NI) Assembly members Panel – 108 members. This represents the total membership of the current NI Assembly.
- Northern Ireland Councillors Panel – 146 members. This represents a quarter of the total Number of NI Councillors i.e. ¼ of 582.
- Other Northern Ireland Opinion Panels under construction include: Managing Directors, Financial Directors, and Public Sector – Senior Managers.
As part of the contacts LucidTalk make during polling, LucidTalk (in agreement with the client) also collate a database of poll participants who would like to also participate in future ‘Live’ events e.g. Focus Groups etc. These groups usually involve 70-100 participants, and would/could focus on particular issues of interest to the client.
Use of IT and Internet Technologies is increasing rapidly, and the penetration and use of the Internet is now widespread in Northern Ireland. LucidTalk Polling Projects can allow the facility for participants to complete the survey online in a secure environment, using unique identifiers. Many LucidTalk Polling Projects use a mixture all Polling communication channels, including Direct Door-to-Door, Telephone, and Confidential Direct Mail, i.e. as well as Internet. This approach in terms of using a ‘mixture’ of Communication channels ensures that Polling Projects produce the highest possible accuracy in the results, and projects which will fairly represent the targeted polling group.
Deep Polling is used when an in-depth analysis of opinion is required in a specific targeted area. It is particularly used by e.g. political parties, when they require an in-depth analysis of a specific constituency.
Research, and setting-up of Focus groups –50-90 members per group, with each Focus group collated as a targeted group, again tailored towards client requirements (see 1. above) e.g. geographical – Key areas of N. Ireland etc. Interaction with Focus Groups can involve direct ‘Live’ meetings, where we can offer the facility of carrying out ‘Live’ Polling at these events. As an example, following presentations from the client & other personnel etc., polling would/could take place via the use of hand-held devices (Audience Response Systems) held by each member of the audience, so that immediate feedback can be obtained. These immediate results would/can then be analysed instantly in terms of statistics etc., and either presented directly back to the audience for further discussion and evaluation, and/or kept confidentially for further discussion later, or a mixture of both!
In particular, Focus Groups provide the additional advantages of:
- ‘Live’ interaction with relatively large selected and targeted audience(s) who will have an ‘interest’ in the clients business, or a specific issue.
- Use of Focus Groups, will raise the general awareness of a client and what they do etc., and create a positive image of the client with key groups of e.g. the public sector, business community, and/or the general public e.g. ‘we want to meet you & get your views’ etc….!
- Allows client personnel direct interaction with selected groups (i.e. the Focus groups), creating new contacts, & enhance client perception etc.
- If required, or desired, Focus group events will/can attract good publicity in the local Press and media etc.
- As well as the general objective/measureable views-opinions that can be obtained as part of general polling (e.g. via telephone), Focus Groups allow the collation of a wide range of ‘subjective’ opinions i.e. views that can/could only be expressed in a ‘live’ environment e.g. Descriptive Opinions, views etc.
- As per the general polling, a full detailed statistical analysis, as part of a full report, will be produced for any Focus Group project(s).
- As follow-up, the Focus groups can be set-up as part of an Internet Polling group for general and ongoing online follow-up research.
- As per above, the Focus Groups can be ‘used again’ for further meetings/‘Live events’, thus enabling follow-up and ongoing research.
- Using the Hand-Held devices (Audience Response Systems) at ‘Live events’ e.g. Focus group events, is always very successful as it proves to be very enjoyable and ‘Fun’ for all the attendees, as well as providing useful research data for the promoting organisation. As such, attendees almost always want to attend, and be involved with further ‘Live’ Focus Group events etc.
LucidTalk also provide the service of event management and organisation often involving the use of the Audience Response Systems i.e. hand-held devices (also mentioned in the Focus group section), at these events, to add a Market Research, and also ‘Fun’ element to the event. These events can be e.g.: Customer/Client promotional events, User-Group events, Customer/Client Feedback events, New Product &/or Service launch events, Staff Motivational events etc.